Ultimate Newsletter is a fully featured newsletter plugin, that gives you the power of a system like MailChimp inside of WordPress.
- Wordpress 4.4.2 or above
- PHP 5.3 or greater
Installation and Activation
Installing "Ultimate Newsletter" is just like any other WordPress plugin. Navigate to your WordPress “Plugins” page, inside of your WordPress dashboard, and follow these instructions:
- In the search field enter "Ultimate Newsletter". Click “Search Plugins”, or hit Enter.
- Select "Ultimate Newsletter" and click “Install Now”.
- Once installed, click “Activate”.
One thing which you will notice immediately after the installation is the appearance of a new section named "Ultimate Newsletter". Let’s look into this.
STEP 1: Setting Up "Ultimate Newsletter"
After installing the extension, the first step is configure the plugin settings to meet your purpose.
You can edit the plugin settings under "Wordpress Admin panel => Ultimate Newsletter => Settings".
By default, "Ultimate Newsletter" should have configured everything right for you. So, you must edit the settings only when it's necessary.
STEP 2: Create "Mailing Lists"
You can create unlimited mailing lists under "Wordpress Admin panel => Ultimate Newsletter => Email Groups".
This page should look like the "Categories" page of the WordPress "Pages" menu. So, you shouldn't have any trouble understanding the form options in this page.
By default, there should be a group named "WordPress Users". This was added by the plugin during the installation. This group holds all your site users.
STEP 3: Add a "Subscription Form" in the site front-end.
"Ultimate Newsletter" subscription forms are added as widgets.
1. Go to your "WordPress Admin Panel => Appearance => Widgets"
2. Find the widget named "Newsletter Subscription Form" and Drag it to a "Sidebar" option.
3. Edit the widget settings. You will notice the form is highly customizable. You can add text notes to the top of the form, configure to display the form in horizontal or vertical style, change the field labels or configure to completely hide them, etc...
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the widget settings, you must see option to select "Email Groups". Just select the "Groups" to which the users of this subscription form should be subscribed.
5. Save the changes.
That's it. All Done. You must see a beautiful subscription form in your site front-end.
Now, when a visitor of your website subscribed using this form, He/She will be added to the "Email Groups" associated with this form.
STEP 4: Sending your First Newsletter
Assumed, you've got enough subscribers and decided to send your first newsletter.
1. Go to your "WordPress Admin Panel => Ultimate Newsletter => All Newsletters"
2. Click "Add New". You will see a form with several tab options.
3. Add a "Subject" to your newsletter.
4. Select "Email Groups". Click "Save & Continue".
5. After save, you will see a list of newsletter templates. Select "Blank" to markup the newsletter completely on your own (Or) select a readymade template. Example: "One Column".
6. After selecting a newsletter template, you will get a beautiful mailchimp like "Drag & Drop" editor that helps you to play with the content of your newsletter. Do whatwever you need and click "Save & Continue".
7. That's it. Your Newsletter is ready to send. Now, you would like to know how exactly the newsletter will look like in the end user's mail client. Luckily, "Ultimate Newsletter" have option for this. Use the "Test Preview" option and Send a "Test Email" to your own email ID. Are you satisfied with the look? If not? just click "Design Your Newsletter" tab and make changes to your newsletter content. Finally, click "Schedule Newsletter". All Done.