Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discussion about the Yendif Event Booking & Management extension.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Couple Issues

Couple Issues 1 year 6 months ago #138

• Jen Tooman
I've installed Yendif and I'm running into 2 problems.

1. When you click on an event from one of the modules on the homes page (Calendar or Events modules), the event page comes up with all the modules that are only supposed to show on the home page. It's like the event loads on the front page??? How do I fix this?

2. Recurring events. All of our event recur on a day of the week and we can only choose to recur by date.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Couple Issues 1 year 6 months ago #140

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
1. When you click on an event from one of the modules on the homes page (Calendar or Events modules), the event page comes up with all the modules that are only supposed to show on the home page. It's like the event loads on the front page??? How do I fix this?

You can fix this by using the ITEMID params option in the module back-end.

- Just create a hidden menu item that uses any of our Yendif Events layout. Copy this Menu ID.
- Open your home page Event modules back-end and add the copied Menu ID in the ITEMID field.
- That's it. This must solve your problem.

2. Recurring events. All of our event recur on a day of the week and we can only choose to recur by date.

Sorry, I'm not clear on this query. Are you not getting the weekly recurring settings option when adding events? Can you please explain this a little more?

- You must enable 'Recurring Events' config option under Components => Yendif Events => Global Configuration in order to use this feature.

- Also, 'Recurring' settings will be available only when you add a new event. In other words, you cannot edit an existing event and configure it to recur.

Couple Issues 1 year 6 months ago #144

• Jen Tooman
Thanks for the quick reply! I will try the ITEMID instructions.

The days are on the weekly option for recurring, but there is no way to recur an even on the first Saturday of every month. See screenshot.

This sale is the first Saturday of every month.
We also have an event that is the first and third Friday of the month.
Attachments:

Couple Issues 1 year 6 months ago #145

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Regarding Recurring,

So, In monthly recurring, instead of dates you need an option to recur based on days? Sorry, this is not possible in our current version. But, I have added this to our suggestions list and we will have this in future.

Couple Issues 1 year 6 months ago #146

• Jen Tooman
The ITEMID did the trick! Thanks for the tip!

I look forward to having that recurring feature added. Until then, I'll add them manually.

Thanks again for the quick support responses!!! Have a great weekend!

Couple Issues 1 year 6 months ago #147

• Jen Tooman
One more quick question... is there a way to set the default zoom level for the map? I'm looking through the code now, but I haven't found anything yet.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds