Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discussion about the Another Events Calendar plugin for WordPress.

TOPIC: Google map not responding with new venues

Google map not responding with new venues 4 months 3 weeks ago #1510

• Darryl
Hi all,
I've had AEC working fine for several months and have several venues registered. Google maps integration has been working fine ... until today.

I just tried registering a new venue. The map at the bottom of the venue registration page no longer responds when information is added to the address fields (as it did previously). Even if I add an address that has worked previously, there is no response from the map and the event ends up being pinned off the coast of Africa (at coordinates 0 N, 0 E).

The strange thing is that I can edit existing venues. If I change the address of an existing venue record, then the map updates, and the venue show correctly on the website.

Any help appreciated,
Darryl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Google map not responding with new venues 4 months 3 weeks ago #1511

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 63
I doubt you've not configured Google Maps API Key. An API key is required in order to add/show map properly. You must add your Google Maps API key under "Advanced Settings" tab of our plugin.

You can get your key under console.developers.google.com/flows/enab...&reusekey=true&pli=1

Google map not responding with new venues 4 months 3 weeks ago #1512

• Darryl
Thanks for offering to help. I have the Google Maps API key and everything has been working previously. (see original posting.)

The only issue now is in relation to adding a new venue. The Google Map integration is functioning as it should everywhere else, both on the website and on the admin side of things. The only issue I have observed is in relation to adding a new event venue. When editing existing venues the map responds to changes in address fields. When registering a new venue there is no response to address input and the map pointer remains at position 0 N, 0 E.

Further information:
AEC version 1.7.0
Wordpress version 4.9.4 (Theme: Spacious)
Have tested the issue on two browsers (Chrome and Edge)

Google map not responding with new venues 4 months 3 weeks ago #1513

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 63
Probably a conflict. I have no clue what break things. Kindly email us your WordPress admin and FTP access details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to further investigate this.

Google map not responding with new venues 4 months 2 weeks ago #1514

• Darryl
Hi again. Thanks for the offer. Things seem to have gone back to normal now. No idea of what changed.

Only issue now is that one venue gets placed several miles out to sea instead of in the coastal town where it should be. But that is maybe some quirk of Google maps. We can live with that - it's close enough.

Thanks again, Darryl
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds